Mastisol, a liquid medical adhesive, is used to secure dressings, tapes, and other medical devices so that they stay in place for a protracted period of time.
Utilizing Mastisol has the following benefits:
- Reduced likelihood of dressing and device displacement
- Long-lasting occlusive barrier to limit the possibility of infection brought on by the device.
- Reduction in the time needed for unplanned dressing changes, which boosts nursing productivity.
- Versatility to increase the adhesion power of various tapes, devices, and dressings.
- Low risk of adverse reactions and latex-free